The best recipe for cevapi (Wikipedia: is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of skinless sausage, found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (the Balkans)).
One of the most popular recipes of the region of former Yugoslavia is a recipe for cevapi on the grill.
How many masters (cooks) – about as much and recipes (even more). Here is a pretty simple recipe, but which requires almost 24 hours of preparation. Most butcher knows about it, because they are learned it in the butcher’s schools, but it jealously guarded.
Recipe for cevapi, ingredients:
- 500 g beef shoulder
- 400 g of beef neck
- 100 g of beef fat from the abdomen
- 20 g salt
Note: The amount of meat is enough for approximately 25 – 30 kebabs.
Recipe for cevapi, preparation:
- Meat should be cold (from the refrigerator). Cut it into cubes, seasoning with salt with salt (20 g) and let stand for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- After 6 hours, minced meet and let to stand in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours of waiting, again grind, then mix well by hands. Let to stand in the refrigerator for 3 more hours.
- After 3 hours of waiting, forming the shape of kebabs, the thickness of the index finger and a length of about 6 cm. You can use cat off top of some plastic bottles, as a tool with the formation of cevapi.
Note: keep in mind that minced meat can stand a maximum of 72 hours in the refrigerator.
In general, the cevapi not including any add-ons even onions, but many people would like to add some and various spices: very finely sliced onion, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and even bread crumbs (about 10 to 20% by total weight of meat).
In our opinion, the best cevapi is – made of pure and only meat without any add-ons, and everything else can be added later. The whole point was good and fresh meat and different parts of the beef.